donderdag 7 november 2013

Public transport rant!


To get to my university, I have to travel by public transport for approximately 10 hours per week. After doing this for more than three years, I believe I have every right to call myself a public-transportation-expert. And for that reason, I have to rant about it (also, I like making lists). Here are some of the most annoying things about public transport that I encounter with daily.

  1. Trains being late. For the Netherlands, this is a very common problem. Somehow, trains are either 5 to 15 minutes late, cancelled or cannot go because of ‘technical’ difficulties. I understand that problems can occur in our busy railway-network. Still, it annoys me to death!
  2. Food and drinks being ridiculously expensive! I have to pay €2,50 for a bottle of water. Yes I said WATER, not fluid gold. That’s just insane for something that sells for just 80 cents at a supermarket. More than 200% pure profit! So unfair! And don’t even get me started on food…
  3. People that step out of the train (or tram, bus, subway) and STOP MOVING! Right in front of the doors! There are more people that want to leave this vehicle AND many people wanting to get on it. Go fix your outfit somewhere else!
  4. Internet being promised but not working. A quit relevant example: I am typing this on the train. The doors of the train tell me there is free wifi on this train. There is no wifi. I will not upload this until this evening. Great.


Love,
Louise

PS: I apologize for the weird number of points on my list (Four! No! Either three or five!) and for the crazy amount of capital letters and explanation marks in this post. But what can I say, it’s a rant. It’s not rational.            

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten