vrijdag 8 november 2013

Book to Movie: The Time Traveler's Wife

When I walk into my favorite bookstore, almost every good book gets degrated by a big, shouty sticker on the front saying 'Now a Major Motion Picture!'. No! It's a book. If I wanted to see the movie, I would go watch the movie. I understand that it's a marketing tactic and all, but why would I rather buy a book that has been made into a movie, then one that hasn't? However, after reading the book with the big old sticker, I do want to see the movie!

That being said, some book-to-movie adaptations do impress me. Today, I want to discuss the adaptation of The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. The book is about the impossible love between a time traveler and the love of his unchronological life. Henry has a disorder causing him to travel in time, without him willing to. For that reason, Clare and Henry are always meeting at different times of their lives, with different knowledge about their past and future together.



The book made me cry at several different occassions, and the movie had the same effect on me. The book was written with a beautifully alternating perspective between Henry and Clare, and although the movie doesn't do that, it still has the same effect. You can relate to both Henry and Clare perfecly, making them a very emotional book and movie. A gorgeous love story that is a absolute must-read/see!


I hope you go read the book and watch the film (but read the book first!), because they are absolutely amazing.

Love,

Louise

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten