dinsdag 26 augustus 2014

Back to School: my tips!

Next week I will be starting my last year of University. As I have been in school for some time now, I think I have the right to spread my wisdom on how to survive in school. So here are my tips for this years frechman.

1. Go to class. Pretty basic, I know. But believe me, many of us (including me) have failed classes because of this. If you really cannot go to class, make sure to spend that time studying the subject. So if your class would've been two hours long but you do not attend, take two hours out of that day to study the subject anyway. But preferably: go to class!

2. If you have a long commute, find out a way to study while travelling. I travel to school for five hours a day by train, meaning that if I play my cards right, I can have all my studying done by the time I get home. This way I can spend my time at home watching a movie with the boyfriend or going for a walk with the dog!
Here is how you do it:
- Have your laptop loaded with all material. You cannot rely on wifi on the train, so make sure to have your summaries, handouts and planning on pdf.
- Charge your laptop, phone or tablet the evening before you leave, and bring a portable charger. You do not want to be stuck in traffic or on the trainstation with nothing to do because your battery ran out.
- Plan ahead. You need to know what you are going to be doing, so you can start right away. For me, it helps to take out a few minutes before I go to bed to write down a planning.

3. Take your papers serious. You will learn most from researching a subject yourself, and perfecting academic writing is such an important skill!

If you have any tips to add, let me know in the comments!

Love,

Louise

Ps: See? I can make normal lists!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten